The process of selling a home has become complex. Some of these complexities include:
- Due Diligence Period and Fee – what is a customary due diligence time period, and how do you know if you’re getting an appropriate diligence fee for your home?
- Buyer Financial Strength – what is the difference between a buyer having a pre-qualification letter and a pre-approval letter – and what are the implications to you?
- Inspection – home inspectors commonly overstate problems – how do you keep your buyer from walking away – or you spending thousands for unnecessary repairs?
- Radon – high radon levels are common in Charlotte area homes and can blow up a deal if not handled properly.
- Moisture – inspectors often find moisture in crawl spaces and basements – what are best ways to handle?
- Survey– how do you navigate survey issues that can cause a buyer to withdraw their offer?
- Deed Restriction – what is it, do you have one and how does it impact the value of a property?
- Appraisal – your home goes under contract and you’re pleased with the price. Now, how do you navigate the appraisal process? If your house does not appraise, how much money could be at stake?
Anticipating all of the variables that can impact these and other critical issues that surface during the home selling process, can mean the difference between tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in your outcome.
I’ve been trusted to provide experienced guidance in these and other areas while helping sellers avoid costly mistakes.